TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Capitalised terms are as defined in the master Booking Form and Rental Agreement to which these terms and conditions are annexed. Where terms or conditions, defined in the master Rental Agreement, conflict with clauses in this annexure A1, the terms or conditions from the master document shall apply.
1. This is a short term rental agreement between the Owner of the Property and the Renter. Perfect Hideaways is acting as the agent.
2. A 50% non-refundable Deposit is required along with the fully completed booking form to confirm your booking.
3. The 50% Balance of fees (along with Breakages Deposit) is required 14 – 35 days prior to occupation.
4. All payments are to be made in rands, free of bank charges.
5. The residence may not be occupied by anyone other than the Renter and the Renter’s guests (including children) whose names appear on the Rental Agreement.
6. Unless otherwise agreed prior to booking, the property may not be used for any purpose other than private rental accommodation.
7. The 50% deposit and the 50% balance of payment are not refundable. However, in the event of cancellation or shortening of stay management may consider refunds where those days can be rebooked after deducting any costs incurred with respect to the re-booking and preparation of the residence.
8. Arrival Time 2:00pm on the arrival date (unless otherwise specified)
9. Departure Time 10:00am on the departure date (unless otherwise specified)
(The residence must be vacated timeously for the cleaners to begin).
10. The Renter is liable for any damage to the property, equipment or to the surrounding fauna and flora incurred by the Renter, and/or the Renter’s guests.
11. Neither the owners of the establishment nor Perfect Hideaways accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage to persons or property of the Renter or the Renter’s guests and the premises are used entirely at the occupants own risk.
BREAKAGES AND DAMAGE
12. Guests will be charged for damages caused by tampering with the household systems.
13. Breakages and damage, including stains and scratches (beyond normal wear and tear) will be deducted from the deposit and, should the breakages deposit not be sufficient to cover the
damage, the renter will be invoiced for the outstanding amount.
14. Breakage deposits will be refunded within 5 working days after departure.
15. Breakages deposits charged from a credit card will be refunded to the same credit card within 5 working days after departure.
16. Bank charges relating to refunding of deposit to foreign bank accounts will be for the Renter’s account. It is recommended that foreign Renters rather provide a credit or debit card which
can be debited and refunded without either party incurring bank charges in the case where a full refund is made.
17. The agreement to which these terms and conditions are attached is of no force and effect unless confirmed by Perfect Hideaways in writing (fax or e-mail).
18. These T&C’s are valid for the duration of your booking. They may be changed at any time without notice. Please ensure you have the latest version.
There are new requirements for children travelling through South African ports of entry –
effective 01 June 2015
19. Follow the links below to familiarise yourself with the new South African VISA regulations – this is vital to all foreigners travel to and from South Africa.
We strongly recommend that our guests take out travel insurance in the unlikely event their accommodation has to be cancelled for reasons out of our control. Rather safe than sorry!
Please note due to the severe drought affecting the Western Cape some hideaways are affected by the water restrictions which are beyond our control. Level 5 water restrictions allow 70 litres per person, per day. Many of our properties do have boreholes or water tanks, however we encourage our guests to join our efforts to conserve this precious resource.